Living In Fear Of Mesothelioma

Living In Fear Of Mesothelioma

To begin with, maybe you are wondering what mesothelioma is, and why I will be scared of it ..?
Fear Of Mesothelioma

Mesothelioma

Mesothelioma may be the medical term for cancer of the lung, and is normally due to experience of asbestos. Symptoms my not appear for approximately 50 years or so after experience of asbestos, and those who haven't had any connection with asbestos for several years, are now actually showing signs of experiencing this deadly disease. The symptoms are generally shortness of breath, coughing, and chest pains and feeling very tired.

Why should I be scared of it ?

As a small child, I used to live near a manufacturer that used asbestos to create fire-proof products and other insulating materials for the building industry. I believe that asbestos was also utilized in the manufacture of break linings. I will remember seeing the asbestos dust that spewed out from the factory since the surrounding area (including element of our school playground) with this specific deadly snow like powder. Obviously, once we were just kids in those days, we'd absolutely no idea precisely how deadly this dust was. We even played inside it completely unaware of its dangers.

The Horror Came Later.

It wasn't until years later after the factory have been closed down, that individuals begun to see the entire horrors of the white snow looking powder, we'd played with as children. By this time around I was much older, and the dangers of asbestos have been given massive coverage by the media, so I was now aware of what could eventually myself and countless other folks who lived in the exact same area as this factory in years to come.

TV Documentary.

This factory received national television coverage, and on one program they interviewed families who'd suffered due to the problem of asbestos. I was shocked to note that I knew a number of the people who'd lost nearest and dearest because of developing mesothelioma, actually I actually went to school with a number of the those who took part in the program. This system showed old photographs of the location across the factory (including my old school) covered in powder, and it certainly did appear to be it have been snowing. Once you see all of this on television it certainly does make you just a bit worried, especially when you have been in touch with asbestos like I have.

Treatments.

If mesothelioma is diagnosed early enough, a remedy is possible with a combination of surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. However, in the event of a heightened illness a remedy is difficult, but with the right treatments the illness can be slowed down dramatically and medication may be used to help relieve any pain.

X-Rays.

As a precaution Used to do have x-rays many years ago just to place my mind at rest, and thankfully they certainly were all clear. The physician recommended that I will have x-rays on a very regular basis simply to be on the safe side. So, at the moment everything is ok, but I can be just a bit worried of what might happen in the future.
Title: Living In Fear Of Mesothelioma; Written by Anonymous; Rating: 5 dari 5